Ten Ways to Enjoy Summer
By Monica Resinger of Creative Home and Gardening
For a lot of us, warm sunny weather is only here 3-4
months out of the year. Because of this, we should
put in the extra effort to enjoy it to the fullest while
it's here. Here are 10 ways to do so.
1. Brew a pot of sun tea. Put desired amount of tea
bags in a sun tea jar or other glass jar, fill with water
and set in the sun. Add fresh herbs at this point if you
wish. Let sit in the sun until tea has reached color
you desire. Sweeten to taste, chill and serve over ice.
2. Cook on the grill whenever possible. Not only is
this a pleasant way to cook but you don't heat up your
kitchen and the food is delicious.
3. Lay in the sun and read a good book. Be sure to put your sunscreen on!
4. Take a drive to the country, the mountains, the
ocean, the desert or other place of nature. Pack a
picnic if you wish or stop to get hamburgers at a
small-town hamburger shop. The burgers are much better than city fast food!
5. Take a bike ride around your neighborhood. Look for ideas people have used to decorate their yards and
use them yourself. Enjoy the blooming flowers and nature.
6. Play outdoor games. Frisbee and badminton are great if it's just your family. If you can get a group together, try volleyball or baseball.
7. Pack a picnic and go fishing. This is fun with or
without a boat. Be sure to bring sunscreen.
8. Go yard saling. What a great way to have fun and
find many bargains! A lot of local and freebie papers
have yard sale directories to help you map out a plan
9. Have a yard sale. Get rid of clutter and earn some
cash. Fill a cooler with pop and sell individual cans<BR>
or have the kids sell lemonade.
10. Play in the water at the local pool, water park or
Above all be sure you take advantage of the warm
summer months and enjoy as much as possible!
©, 2001, Monica Resinger
Monica Resinger is a freelance writer and Editor of Creative Home Ezine. Creative Home is a fun ezine
packed with tips, articles, book reviews and more great information to help homemakers enjoy their role in
the home. To join, send a blank e-mail to: